Doctors Pathology Services offers a wide array of technology designed specifically to fit into any practice’s workflow.
From our easy to use paper requisitions to electronic order entry directly from your EMR, DPS ensures your patient’s specimens are prepared quickly and accurately.
- Simple, color coded requisition forms take just seconds to fill out. Simply attach a photocopy of your patient’s insurance cards.
- Web-based order entry provides you with the ability to electronically accession specimens and avoid repetitive tasks such as entering insurance information. A DPS supplied label printer allows you to barcode your specimen containers immediately.
- EMR orders allow you to request pathology services without navigating away from the patient’s chart. A simple interface may be required.
Your patient’s specimens are comprehensively tracked from the moment they leave your office. Our transporters electronically scan each specimen into their mobile tracking units upon pickup. Information about each specimen is transmitted to our facility in real-time. Specimens are electronically tracked at each step of processing, from gross, to microtomy, to signout.
Whether your practice relies on paper charts or has adopted a paperless EMR, DPS delivers your results quickly and securely.
- Faxed reports are automatically queued and sent after each case is signed out.
- Web-based results are available 24/7 through our sophisticated online portal.
- All major EMR vendors can interface with our systems to deliver reports directly into your patient’s chart.
- All reports are also available through the Delaware Health Information Network, providing you with a unified view of your patients’ test history by aggregating results from Delaware hospitals and reference labs.